Sunday, February 20, 2011

Surf's Up!!

   I was born and raised in South Florida, so I love going to the beach on weekends and days off from work. Now that I have a dog, I would like to take her with me to run in the sand and swim in the ocean. Unfortuantely dogs aren't allowed to go to beaches, so that's why I was thrilled to find a dog beach in Fort Lauderdale.

  

 On the first day of going to the beach with Sara, I knew that we were stepping into the unknown since we never went to one before.

   It was a good thing that I brought my debit card on this trip because I had to pay for parking as well as the pass to get into the beach. The dog pass is paid through the parking pass meter.

   I was amazed to see so many dogs! They were running into the water, without leashes, to retrieve the ball and/or Frisbee's.

   The place was incredible, the people were unbelievably friendly, and there's nothing better than the gorgeous south florida sun to top a fantastic afternoon with Sara.

  
 Sara had a great time being buried in the sand, something funny and a bit strange for a dog lover
like myself, but sara enjoyed it and we had a superb time!





Canine Beach
Sunrise Boulevard at A1A
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Tel: 954-828-7275      
Days: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only, year-round
Winter Hours: 3 pm – 7 pm
Summer Hours: 5 pm – 9 pm (Daylight Savings Time)

One-Weekend Permit (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) - $7 per dog

No comments:

Post a Comment