Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dog Fest 2011 Review

 When we first walked up to the "Dog Fest", the image of a dog circus came to mind because there was an area designated for dog, agility tests like jumping through hoops and catching Frisbees. I was amazed that this was the first "Dog Fest" held at J.C.C. because it was well organized. One of my favorite things to do at any dog event is to look at all the different vendors that are there.

  My new friend, Hope, is a "Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Dog Massage Provider". As soon as I saw her booth, I immediately ran over with Sara. She was amazing by the way she treated and handled Sara! Sara is not one to let a stranger touch her. But, after a few minutes of the massage Sara actually laid down on her side for a tummy rub from her. I definitely recommend her for your pet!!

   Hope's Information: 954-253-7800
                                 http://www.floridadogmassage.com/

   Do you have to clean up an "accident" on you carpet left by your dog? Then, I recommend "Pet Pee Pee". I purchased a bottle in hopes that it would eliminate oder or even better: Permanently!
The next day, I realized that I was going to use it sooner then I thought. So, I followed the instructions and sure enough it worked! The nice thing about this product is that there is a vanilla scent that is left behind (they also offer no scent). It, also, accommodates for any living such as, furniture, drapes, hard floors, and carpets. This was well worth the money!

   Pet Pee Pee Information: 954-786-1590
                                          1-800-713-3692
                                         http://www.petpeepeeproducts.com/

   Because we are in Florida, the heat can be unbearable, and it was on the day of the Dog Fest.Poor Sara! If you haven't seen her pictures yet, then I'll tell you that she is ALL black! After 30 minutes of being at the event, Sara was dehydrated and tired. I stopped by a booth that was selling exactly what I was looking for. I purchased a "Thermo- Cooling" bandanna from William Cortes who is V.P. and general manager of "Cool Florida Pets" which is responsible for helping "cool" your pets. What does that mean? It means that all their products,as well as for humans, can provide heat relief. They sell cooling bandannas, mats, collars, and even harnesses! It provides hours of heat relief for that special pet, activates by soaking in cold water for only 3 minutes, it can be chilled in cooler or freezer, it fits all sizes of dogs, it is hand washable, and it is also non-toxic. I was amazed to see Sara's personality change after I gave her the bandanna; she was more activate and willing to play with the other dogs. Highly recommended for those Florida heat waves!

   Contact Information: William Cortes
                                   954-318-9550
                                   http://www.coolfloridapets.com/

   I love rescue groups! It is no surprise to my friends and famly that I donate or even promote rescues (Sara was a rescue), and I have found one more group to love. "Boxer Friends, Inc." is a 501(c)3 nonprofit Florida charitable organization, devoted to helping Boxers in need in the south Florida area.  They focus on the needy Boxer dogs in Broward and South Palm Beach counties, but are not limited to these areas, as resources allow. They rescue Boxers from shelters in South Florida before they are euthanized,  and help displaced Boxers find new, loving, appropriate homes. If you know anyone who is willing to adopt an ADORABLE Boxers, then I recommend adopting from "Boxer Friends, Inc.",

Contact Information: 954-646-3786
                                http://www.boxerfriends.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment